photo AmysHeadercopy_zpsb1265184.jpg

Saturday 13 April 2013

Stir it up Saturday; foundations,concealers&powders.

 Hiya guys and gals of the blogosphere, today's post is the first of a series of four drugstore products me and Beth from The prettiest pastel love so much or just think they need to be mentioned so starting with foundation; being super pale with ginger hair makes it difficult to find foundations that match my skin colour. Knowing this for Christmas i got Nicola Roberts dainty doll liquid foundation although at the time i wouldn't have considered this as a drugstore foundation because it cost  £22 but now i do since it hasn't been selling to well you can  find it on eBay or fragrance direct for a fraction of the price, i love this foundation because it matches my skin amazingly my only problem with it is that it has a sheer coverage and sometimes isn't to build able  which moves me onto my second foundation that is the MUA matte perfect foundation  i bought this with good expectations because i had saw it on AThirtyMrs but when i tried it it seemed to need alot of blending in to look good on my skin a\but it wasn't a bad match, so i decided to mix a pump or two of my dainty doll into it to lighten the shade but also give me some coverage, this really worked and i love them both on their own. 
My third foundation is the Maybelline dream satin liquid foundation again i love this foundation but i think it needs alot of blending to match my skin colour, but i like the way it feels on my skin and has a medium coverage.My last foundation isn't a foundation it's a BB cream but i thought it would fall into this category, this doesn't give alot of coverage but surprisingly gives more than the dainty doll foundation because this has a more peachy tone, i love to use this for lazy days! Now onto concealers; i recently bought this gosh concealer for 49p and i love it, it's super handy and works on my blemishes before i use my foundation sort of like a primer but better, my only problem is it drys out my skin so i only use this on oily days, another green concealer that i love is 17 correction stick, i like this product because it's creamy and easier to blend than the gosh one, it still does dry out my skin but this is something i can use everyday even with dry skin because it's creamy. Next is L'Oreal lumi Magique i use this under my eyes when i'm needing a pick me up because this brightens like a highlighter but helps hide my sleepy eyes. i like to use this under my eyes only because it's sheer and doesn't look cakey, unlike my next all time favorite concealer collection 2000 lasting perfection, i don't even need to go into detail about this because I've talked about it before.That is it for my post on drugstore makeup, i didn't include powders because i never really use a powder and the ones i have i don't rate. 

Go check out Beth's post!





















1 comment:

  1. I used the Rimmel BB Cream as coverage for school, I found it wasn't too heavy (handy cause my school has major strict no makeup rules) but it gave me a good healthy glow! I'm currently using the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation which I am totally in love with and would highly recommend, there is a wee review over on my blog :) x x

    ReplyDelete